All you need to know about Search Engine
Optimization (SEO) and Voice Search Optimization(VSO)
Want to know what is SEO and VSO and how it works? We’ve made this simple SEO vs VSO guide for you.
What is SEO
Search Engine Optimization is a Digital Marketing aspect which refers to ranking your website on a (SERP’s) Search Engine Result Pages to gain organic traffic and increase your site’s visibility. SEO helps in growing your business may it be a small startup business or a large company. Ranking your website at the top will help you gain and target many customers, clients which will help your business to gain popularity which leads to converting those visitors to clients or customers.
Brand awareness is important when it comes to business, you have to reach a large number of audience, and a technique like SEO helps you to do so. It can be said to as increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. Today, many SEO & Digital Marketing experts are helping many small and large businesses to grow and maintain their business.
We can divide SEO into 3 parts:
1. Quality of traffic- You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in the products that you offer.
2. Quantity of traffic- Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
3. Organic results- Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
How SEO is done and how it works?
SEO involves making certain changes to your website design and content that makes your site more attractive to a search engine. Also, it involves link building where you can create backlinks from your own blogs or get a backlink from other high DA websites, writing articles and much more. You do this in hopes that the search engine will display your website as a top result on the search engine results page.
Few SEO Tips for your website for better search engine results.
– Choosing the best relevant keywords for your website using keyword tools
– A relevant title related to your topic that should focus on your keyword
– Adding a relevant meta description
– Adding Alt attributes on images
– Choosing the right URL
– Link Building (internal and external)
– Quality Content
– Getting backlinks from high DA sites
– Paid Ads
– Creating backlinks on different social media platforms.
Search engines will scan, or crawl, different websites to better understand what the site is about. This helps them deliver more relevant results to those who are searching for certain topics or keywords. Similarly, the search engines will scan the site to determine how easy it is to navigate and read, rewarding user-friendly sites with higher rankings on the search engine results page. By improving your SEO, you can work to expand your visibility on the search engines. This helps you reach and engage more potential customers. By creating more engaging and effective SEO-focused content, you can increase your chances of bringing in more targeted organic traffic.
What is VSO
Voice Search Optimisation (VSO) is an effort to organically boost the position of content in voice-based search engine results. Businesses have relied on managing and optimizing their websites for better search results in order to maintain their visibility and gain organic traffic. For years, optimizing your website through link building, blog creation quality content was enough to gain better rankings. With Google’s update, a new branch of Search Engine Optimization has been created in the form of Voice Engine Optimization. And with this, voice search usage is rapidly increasing. Leading research firms are predicting that somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of all searches will be conducted via voice by 2020.
Voice Search Optimization(VSO) or Voice Engine Optimization(VEO) in simple words can be said to as optimizing your website for better voice search results. VEO entails optimizing your content, location, and brand information to increase your likelihood of powering voice search results. With the introduction to various voice search bots such as Google’s Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa or Windows Cortana, it has become easier for people to search anything just with the help of their voice. Many people will prefer voice search over manual search because it’s fast, you don’t have to type and the answer is read back and because of which optimizing voice search is considered a growing and important part of their digital marketing.
Few strategies to optimize voice search
– Site Structure & Content Development
– Speeding up your website
– Optimizing your business listings
– Mobile friendly is site friendly
– Structured Data Optimization
– Focus on questions and provide relevant answers
– Optimize for Featured Snippets
– Keep updating your content
SEO is an important part of Digital marketing which will help you in increasing your business growth and reaching a wide audience hence creating huge revenue and many business contacts, whereas Voice search has been a hot topic for a few years now, people are preferring more voice searches over manual typing search, hence VSO becomes a critical part of your business.